Host a student
Hosting an Australian exchange student is a great opportunity to learn about another culture, share our culture and have a great time.
Students stay for two weeks
A great learning opportunity
Build lasting relationships
Have a great time
Become a part of an international family
Hosting an exchange student broadens your world view, teaches your children about other cultures and is just plain fun!
Details & Itinerary
Students stay in Tulsa for two weeks. They will attend classes as regular students and will have the same school hours. If they have no homework then the evenings and weekends are free time that you can use to show your exchange student around town, see movies, and spend time sharing your city and adventures with them.
Please arrive at the airport 30 minutes before arrival to go over any last questions
Please have your students at the airport by 4:25pm.
Thank you for your support
On behalf of Victory Christian School, our warmest thanks to our gracious hosts! Thank you for bringing a bit of the world into our homes and community. If you have any questions, you can contact James Doctor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-812-4018 or Scott Olinske at email@example.com.
- Students follow the normal school schedule.
- Evenings and weekends are free time for you to enjoy with your student
- Your student will need to be picked up and dropped off at the airport.
As a host family what do we provide
You will provide food, lodging and transportation for your student. You will need to provide all daily meals but the student will be responsible for any extra meals outside of your home with friends or at events.
What types of things should I do with my student
The best thing to do is to talk with your student and find out what their interests are and plan accordingly. Stuents will usually want to see historical areas, areas they have heard about in movies or shows, or try local restaurants and hang outs.
- Do I need to buy them a gift: no, that is not necessary
- How will I know what food to make them: Check with your individual stundent and see if they have any allergies to be concerned about and see if they would like any type of meal they have heard about.