Victory christian schoolYou have a choice, choose Victory!
We are excited about the Oklahoma Parental Choice Tax Credit Act that Governor Stitt signed into law yesterday. We agree that putting educational funds into the hands of parents so that they can make the best choices for their children is the best way to fund education in Oklahoma.
While many of the details have not yet been determined, we do know the following:
- This is a refundable tax credit. Funds will be paid to parents to use for educational tuition and fees.
- The amount you receive per child is based on your household income:
- $7500 for below $75,000
- $7000 for $75,000 – $150,000
- $6500 for $150,000 – $225,000
- $6000 for $225,000 – $250,000
- $5000 for over $250,000
- This begins in the 2024 tax year.
- ·There is a cap on distributed funds each year, with preference given to families with lower incomes.
- $150 million in 2024
- $200 million in 2025
- $250 million in 2026
- Funds will be paid to taxpayers in 2 disbursements (dates not released)
School Choice at VCS FAQ's
Will VCS make classroom sizes larger?
No. We are committed to maintaining the same classroom sizes you have seen at VCS.
Do I need to do anything now?
There is nothing you need to do now. We will notify you when we know what steps you need to take.
Will this change the culture of VCS?
No. We are committed to upholding the Mission of VCS to train students, spiritually, academically, and physically through a Biblical worldview to fulfill the Great Commission in every sphere of influence.
- TRAIN: Live by the Word of God
- PREPARE: Led by the Spirit of God
- EQUIP: Love others/Fulfill Great Commission
The vision of Victory Christian School is to provide a place to train, prepare, and equip young people to take the ministry of Jesus to the ends of the earth, whether it is as a preacher, pastor, evangelist, prophet, apostle, teacher, or as a nurse, technician, educator, or businessperson.